Mild pepperoni recipe
300g pork fat
5g cracked black pepper
4g cracked fennel seed
2.5g cayenne pepper
5g garlic powder
14g whole grain mustard seed
- Mix all your dry ingredients together in a deep bowl
- Mince your venison and pork fat though course plate into a deep tub
- Once you have run the venison and pork fat though mincer, spread your dry ingredients and water over the minced meat and throughly mix well for at least 2 minutes
- Place your mixed meat back into fridge for 24 hours to allow to cool back down and to let the flavours go though meat.
- Take your meat out of fridge and put into your sausage filler and fill into small casings (16mm) and twist individually into 7-8 inch links.
- Hang the now links into your smoker allowing room between each beer stick for air and smoke to go around.
- Place your preferred wood chips in your wood chip tray and start your smoker up.
- Turn the smoker on full till the chips start smoking then turn down the heat till the smoke house temp sits on about 80-90 degrees.
- Let the meat internal temperature get to 66-68 degrees and once you have reached that temperate take your beer sticks out and place in ice cold water for 5min to stop the meat cooking inside. After 5 min take out of water and place in fridge then eat once cooled!